Hello, my name is Samantha.
.. and I love photography. My interest began when my father bought me my first Polaroid followed by a Vivitar film camera when I was 13. There is something about capturing moments in life that makes me incredibly happy.
I love to listen to the stories of my clients so I can tell that story through photographs. I put a lot of care and hard work into photos, but my absolute goal is to provide you with a beautiful and original finished product that you will love for generations! Every couple has a unique and special love story that should be told. They say a picture tells a thousand words. I want my photos to convey the feelings of both romance and joy.
10 things about me:
- I am of Chinese descent and was born in Malaysia, but since I was a baby, I grew up and spent most of life down under in the beautiful and sunny Australia. I then moved to Toronto by myself (not knowing anyone!) in 2009, met a boy named Elliott in 2011, married him in Australia in 2015, and then celebrated our marriage in beautiful Bali in 2016. Whilst I now live here in Canada and my husband is also Canadian, I still call Australia my home. I forever will be #Aussie4Life
- My favourite colour is pink! When I was growing up, I decided that my favourite colour was purple because all my other friends liked pink and I wanted to be different! But my obsession with pink only grew stronger and I can happily admit that I’m #PinkObsessed
- I graduated high school as both School Captain (or more commonly known as School President in North America) and DUX of my year (or more commonly known as Valedictorian in North America). I know, I was a geek, right? But I really I LOVED graphic arts and photography. I was the girl that always carried a camera around (no, seriously.. I was the first in my school with an Instax and even a camera phone in the 2000s!). My love for photography really developed as I was going up when I wanted to capture every single moment to cherish later. It was then when I realised how much I also spent every spare minute at home on my computer designing and editing photos. #GirlwithTheCamera
- Both my parents and my teachers convinced me to take a different career path. So I majored in Finance at the University of Melbourne. I then worked in the financial industry for eight years before choosing to become a wedding photographer in Toronto and I love it! It may have been a long journey to get where I am, but I’m truly thankful for the path I took. In fact, I believe it was the path I NEEDED to take so I could become the person I am today. #TookTheWrongCareerPathButGotToWhereIAmSupposedToBe
- I just love noodles! My favourites are Curry Laska, Char Kuay Teow, Char Hor Fun, Hokkien Mee, Singapore Mee, Pad Thai, just to name a few… but the list goes on! #NoodleLover
- My favourite pass time is to drink tea (tea soothes my soul!) while watching telly or reading a good book. I love binge-watching tv series, especially sitcoms. I am Team Rafael on Jane The Virgin. I also love trashy reality tv like The Bachelor, Survivor and Married At First Sight, because let’s be real here: these are all comedy shows too. #ItsAlwaysTeaAndTellyTime
- I love fun musicals and dance movies! I love DANCE! I love movies like Grease, Hairspray, Glee, Dirty Dancing and Strictly Ballroom. As a child, I always wanted to be a professional dancer. Janet Jackson was my childhood hero! I was able to recently convince my Chandler dancing style husband to take salsa lessons with me. #DanceisHappiness
- I love Disney and I love fairytales. I believe that love in itself is a fairytale. #FairytalesAreReal
- Being environmentally conscious is important to me. Early on in our relationship, I convinced my husband (boyfriend at the time!) to trade in his sports car for a hybrid sedan. We choose local organic produce where we can. We support the Toronto Good Food Box from FoodShare, and we strongly recommend them! We try to live as simple as we can. Choosing to live a more sustainable existence is not difficult. We can all do it! #IChooseToLiveSustainablyAndSoCanYou
- I absolutely love travelling and exploring the world! You can see some of my blog posts of my travel here. But be sure to follow my personal Instagram (@littleladylove) where I post most of my day-to-day life including my travel adventures! I started to take photography seriously through my travel photographs. It was then when I realised how beautiful this world really is! My favourite places to travel to are where there is good fresh food as well as beautiful and natural landscapes. I believe that the more educated we are about the world, the more embracing we become of different cultures. #ILoveToTravel but more importantly #WorldPeaceCanHappen
So, that’s a little bit about me. I’m looking forward to learning about YOU!
Want to learn more about me?
Read My Personal Posts
Get to know me more through my personal blog posts where I post about my travels, crafts, restaurant and product reviews, and my other adventures.View My Personal Posts
Follow Me On Instagram
Follow the day to day life of a wedding photographer through my personal Instagrams where I often post daily. Be sure to check out my Instagram stories too!Follow Me On Instagram
See Us In Action
Curious to see what working with us is like? See how we work on a typical wedding day, how we style our photos and how we create our magic!See Us Behind The Scenes
We love our clients! And they love us too. We’ve received some lovely reviews from our recent clients and we are proud to show them all to you.View Our Client Testimonials
Toronto Wedding Photography by Top Toronto Wedding Photographer, Samantha Ong Photography
Samantha Ong Photography is truly passionate about giving you the best wedding photography. We offer beautiful luxury wedding photography in Toronto, Niagara, Montreal, Muskoka and Melbourne, Australia. Your wedding day is carefully crafted to offer a combination of romantic, whimsical, timeless wedding photography in the Toronto and Melbourne Area area.
Not looking for a wedding photographer in Toronto or Melbourne? Please be sure to consider us for all your event and family photography needs in the Toronto area.