I canâ€™t believe Iâ€™ve been a full-time photographer for nearly 8 months now! Time REALLY flies when youâ€™re having fun. Every day has been exciting and I have been loving every minute of it. I canâ€™t believe how busy I am. Lately Iâ€™ve been sweating long hours in the office, so itâ€™s always good to keep the energy up and keeping things fun!
I have always loved cute stationery. During my childhood, Iâ€™d always beg my parents to take me to stationery stores and I would spend all my pocket money there. One of the best things about working from home is not only being able to design your workspace to how you want it, but to choose all your tools! I love love love colour! It makes me so happy. Pink is my go-to happy thing. I seriously am attracted to anything pink. But it coincidentally are my favourite (and essential!) office items.
As seen above, clockwise from the top-left:
- Hard drive case â€“ Iâ€™m always working on the go and I deal with so many large sized files so reliable hard drive (I choose Western Digital, mostly!) combined with a quality hard drive case is essential! My worst nightmare is a corrupted hard drive so I always try to ensure my hard drive stays safe and sound! But I always back up using Crashplan and to back up in at least three places!
- Washi tape â€“ I like to package items for my clients and this glittery pink washi tape is just perfect! Itâ€™s so so pretty and looks so much better than just regular Scotch tape!
- LancomÃ© Juicy Tube â€“ Okay I totally get that Juicy Tubes come out in an actual TUBE. I squirted this one out and into a little makeup jar because it was coming to an end and just going everywhere! I love it so much, it keeps my lips from drying out.
- Highlighter sharpie â€“ I often get a wedding timelines which are jam packed full of information about florist arrival times, decor set up, bands, etc. On a wedding day, I like to quickly assess how much time we have and what is coming up next so we can always keep things running on time as well as be prepared for the upcoming events! Who also doesnâ€™t like a little colour on paper? Pink = happy! ðŸ™‚
- Hello Kitty ruler â€“ I donâ€™t know how many times a week I am trying to figure out the measurements of things and need to pull out this ruler! I love it because itâ€™s compact yet it folds out to a 30cm ruler.
- Business cards â€“ In the days of technology, thereâ€™s something still so special and warm about trading business cards with fellow vendors. Iâ€™ve been able to develop some really key relationships and obtain the best referrals just from a little card with our branding. I created my branding myself one day and I canâ€™t believe how far it has gone â€“ now people recognize our logo and branding from other photographers!
- Smiggle â€“ I have loved Smiggle since the day it opened its doors in Australia back when I was in university. I have also been looking for a quick and easy calculator as Iâ€™m always doing quotes and working out my costs on a day-to-day business. Hey, finances are what running a small business is all about. Having it handy at my desk has been so key to working efficiently! I love itâ€™s soft buttons and that it runs on solar power. I love this Smiggle calculator as itâ€™s so colourful. A pink/purple rainbow is a cool kind of rainbow. Okay, itâ€™s totally not a rainbow but I still love it ðŸ™‚ I havenâ€™t been able to find one just like it in Canada. I had to ask my dad to find this for me in Melbourne and he travelled across town to pick up itâ€™s very last one! This very one is now discontinued. I picked it up in the nick of time!
- Hadanomy Collagen Mist â€“ I feel living in Canada with a super looooonnngg dry winter has dried my skin out majorly. Having this by my side to give me a cool refresher throughout the day and helps my skin out retain moisture. It has been so so helpful! My office tends to run a little hot as itâ€™s westerly facing as well as the heat from my computer doesnâ€™t help! This little bottle perks you up and keeps you feeling cool.
What are your favourite office accessories?